Our institution, the “Maurizio Bufalini” Hospital in Cesena, is a level 1 Trauma Center serving a population of approximately 1,250,000 which grows to over 2,000,000 during the summer due to coastal tourism. The Trauma Team’s leader doctor and nurse coordinator are always intensive care physicians and intensive care nurses, with a background in anesthesia and defined educational path. In this context, a bougie-aided surgical airway training program was specifically conceived for all intensive care physicians and nurses, and continued during 2016. “Low cost” simulation with handcrafted trachea models (Figure 1), enabled all ICU physicians and nurses to perform at least two simulations during 2016.
- 4H(I) + 4T
- Su la testa!
- Impossible primary referral to the major trauma center of an integrated trauma system: a case of exsanguinating trauma treated in a Spoke hospital.
- Low Cost Simulation in Emergency Surgical Airway can Save Lives in an Italian Major Trauma Center.
- Presidi sovraglottici e intubazione tracheale su guida fibroscopica.
- Aspiration of the guidewire of a central venous jugular catheter by the venous cannula of a veno-arterial extracorp… https://t.co/8uBuauffKG3 days ago
- The latest #FOAMed on Intensive Care Medicine! https://t.co/CUdJCNy5XM #ecmo #foamcc3 days ago
- Right Hospital, Right Patients: Penetrating Injury Patients ... : Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery… https://t.co/p4YU7YTXkj4 days ago
- The latest #FOAMed on Intensive Care Medicine! https://t.co/4wc5c4j0Li Thanks to @FOAMecmo @edecmo @JTraumAcuteSurg #traumasurg #ecmo4 days ago
- The latest #FOAMed on Intensive Care Medicine! https://t.co/0GJMJAUM2B10 days ago